Books on Creationism
From Creation History Wiki
Books that are critical of creationism or creationists.
- Lightner, Jerry P., and National Association of Biology Teachers. A compendium of information on the theory of evolution and the evolution-creationism controversy. Reston, Va.: National Association of Biology Teachers, 1977.
- Kitcher, Philip. Abusing science: the case against creationism. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 1982.
- Eldredge, Niles. The monkey business : a scientist looks at creationism. New York, N.Y: Washington Square Press, 1982.
- Ruse, Michael. Darwinism defended: a guide to the evolution controversies. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, Advanced Book Program/World Science Division, 1982.
- Futuyma, Douglas J. Science on trial: the case for evolution. New York: Pantheon Books, 1983.
- Frye, Roland Mushat, ed. Is God a creationist? : the religious case against creation-science. New York: Scribner's, 1983.
- Thompson, Adell. Biology, zoology, and genetics : evolution model vs. creation model. Washington, D.C.: University Press of America, 1983.
- Godfrey, Laurie R., ed. Scientists confront creationism. New York: W.W. Norton, 1983.
- Wilson, David B., ed. Did the Devil make Darwin do it? : modern perspectives on the creation-evolution controversy. Ames: Iowa State University Press, 1983.
- Montagu, Ashley, ed. Science and creationism. Oxford, Oxfordshire: Oxford University Press, 1984.
- McGowan, Christopher. In the beginning… : a scientist shows why the creationists are wrong. Buffalo, N.Y: Prometheus Books, 1984.
- Weinberg, Stanley L., ed. Reviews of thirty-one creationist books. Syosset, N.Y.: National Center for Science Education, 1984.
- Hanson, Robert W., ed. Science and creation : geological, theological, and educational perspectives. New York: Macmillan, 1986.
- Jones, Orson P. Science & creation : a review of scientific creationism. El Cajon, CA: Orson P. Jones, Jr, 1986.
- Murphy, George L. The trademark of God: a Christian course in creation, evolution, and salvation. Wilton, Conn.: Morehouse-Barlow, 1986.
- Selkirk, D. R., and F. J. Burrows, eds. Confronting creationism, defending Darwin. Kensington, NSW, Australia: New South Wales University Press in association with the Australian Institute of Biology, 1987.
- Strahler, Arthur Newell. Science and earth history: the evolution/creation controversy. Buffalo, N.Y.: Prometheus Books, 1987.
- Jones, Orson P. Science & creation : a review of scientific creationism. El Cajon, CA: Orson P. Jones, Jr, 1987.
- Dietz, Robert Sinclair, and John C Holden. Creation/evolution Satiricon : creationism bashed. Winthrop, WA: Bookmaker, 1987.
- Bridgestock, Martin, and Ken Smith. Creationism : an Australian Perspective. Manley, N.S.W: Mark Plummer for the Australian Skeptics, 1987.
- Berry, R. J. God and evolution : creation, evolution and the Bible. London: Hodder & Stoughton, 1988.
- Ruse, Michael, ed. But is it science? : the philosophical question in the creation/evolution controversy. Buffalo, N.Y.: Prometheus Books, 1988. First edition.
- McCollister, Betty, ed. Voices for evolution. Berkeley, CA: National Center for Science Education, 1989.
- Ecker, Ronald L. Dictionary of science & creationism. Buffalo, N.Y: Prometheus Books, 1990.
- Berra, Tim M. Evolution and the myth of creationism : a basic guide to the facts in the evolution debate. Stanford, Calif.: Stanford University Press, 1990.
- Hughes, Liz Rank, ed. Reviews of creationist books. Berkeley, CA: National Center for Science Education, 1992.
- Bates, Stephen. Battleground : one mother's crusade, the religious right, and the struggle for control of our classrooms. New York, N.Y.: Poseidon Press, c1993.
- Plimer, Ian R. Telling lies for God: reason vs creationism. Milsons Point, NSW: Random House Australia, 1994.
- Tiffin, Lee. Creationism's upside-down pyramid: how science refutes fundamentalism. Amherst, N.Y.: Prometheus Books, 1994.
- Ratzsch, Delvin Lee. The battle of beginnings : why neither side is winning the creation-evolution debate. Downers Grove, 111: IntcrVarsity Press, 1996.
- Ruse, Michael, ed. But is it science? : the philosophical question in the creation/evolution controversy. Buffalo, N.Y.: Prometheus Books, 1996. Second edition.
- Pennock, Robert T. Tower of Babel: the evidence against the new creationism. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, c1999.
- Pigliucci, Massimo. Tales of the rational: skeptical essays about nature and science. Atlanta, Ga.: Freethought Press, 2000.
- Eldredge, Niles. The triumph of evolution : and the failure of creationism. New York: W.H. Freeman, 2000.
- Moore, John Alexander. From Genesis to genetics : the case of evolution and creationism. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2002.
- Shermer, Michael, and Stephen Jay Gould. How to debate a creationist: 25 answers to classic creationist arguments, 10 answers to intelligent design creationist arguments. Altadena, CA: Skeptic Society, 2004.
- Scott, Eugenie Carol. Evolution vs. creationism : an introduction. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 2004.
- Hildeman, Eric J. Creationism : the Bible says no!. Bloomington, IN: Author House, 2004.
- Isaak, Mark. The counter-creationism handbook. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 2005.
- Godfrey, Stephen J, and Christopher R Smith. Paradigms on pilgrimage: creationism, paleontology, and biblical interpretation. Toronto, Ont.: Clements Pub., 2005.
- McCalla, Arthur. The creationist debate: the encounter between the Bible and the historical world. London: T & T Clark International, 2006.
- Skybreak, Ardea. The science of evolution and the myth of creationism : knowing what's real and why it matters. Chicago: Insight Press, 2006.
- Browne, E. J. Darwin's Origin of Species: a biography. New York: Atlantic Monthly Press, 2006. 174 p.
Discussed: Henry M. Morris, The Genesis Flood, and Institute for Creation Research.
- Petto, Andrew J., ed. Scientists confront intelligent design and creationism. New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 2007.
- Presutta, David. The biblical cosmos versus modern cosmology: why the Bible is not the word of God. Coral Springs, FL: Llumina Press, 2007.
- Bowler, Peter J. Monkey trials and gorilla sermons : evolution and Christianity from Darwin to intelligent design. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 2007.
- Brown, Barrett, and Jon P. Alston. Flock of dodos: modern creationism, intelligent design & the Easter bunny.New York, NY: Cambridge House Press, 2007. 155 p.
Discussed: John Morris, Henry M. Morris, Ken Ham, Answers in Genesis, Creation Ex Nihilo Technical Journal, Creation Research Society, Institute for Creation Research, John Woodmorappe, Duane Gish, Carl Kerby, and more.
- Larson, Edward J. The creation-evolution debate: historical perspectives. George H. Shriver lecture series in religion in American history, no. 3. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 2007. 88 p.
Discussed: Ken Ham & Answers in Genesis, Henry M. Morris, Institute for Creation Research, and The Genesis Flood.
- Lienesch, Michael. In the beginning: fundamentalism, the Scopes Trial, and the making of the antievolution movement. H. Eugene and Lillian Youngs Lehman series. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2007. 338 p.
Discussed: Answers in Genesis, Jerry Bergman, Wendell Bird, Creation-Science Research Center, Duane Gish, Ken Ham, Institute for Creation Research, Henry M. Morris, Kurt Wise, Creation Research Society...
- Stenger, Victor J. God: the failed hypothesis : how science shows that God does not exist. Amherst, N.Y.: Prometheus Books, 2007. 294 p.
Discussed: Henry M. Morris, Institute for Creation Research, John Whitcomb, The Genesis Flood, and Duane Gish.
- Robbins, Richard H., ed. Darwin and the Bible: the cultural confrontation. Boston: Pearson Education, 2009.
- Schneiderman, Jill S., ed. For the rock record: geologists on intelligent design. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2009.
- Scott, Eugenie Carol. Evolution vs. creationism : an introduction. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 2009.
- Wiley, Tatha. Creationism and the conflict over evolution. Eugene, Or.: Cascade Books, a division of Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2009.
- Berkman, Michael B., and Eric Plutzer. Evolution, creationism, and the battle to control America's classrooms. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Greta Schiller. No dinosaurs in heaven. New York: Jezebel Productions/New Day Films, 2010. DVD.
- Phy-Olsen, Allene. Evolution, creationism, and intelligent design. Santa Barbara, Calif.: Greenwood, 2010.
- Rosenhouse, Jason. Among the creationists : dispatches from the anti-evolution front line. New York: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Montgomery, David R. The rocks don't lie: a geologist investigates Noah's flood. New York: W.W. Norton, 2012.
- Fitch, Walter M. The three failures of creationism : logic, rhetoric, and science. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2012.
- Grizzle, Raymond Edward. Science and religion in dialogue: two histories of discarded images. Lanham, Md: University Press of America, 2012.
- Price, Robert M, and Edwin A. Suominen. Evolving out of Eden : Christian responses to evolution. Valley, WA: Tellectual Press, 2013.
- Nye, Bill, and Corey S Powell. Undeniable: evolution and the science of creation. New York: St. Martin's Press, 2014.
- Fugle, Gary N. Laying down arms to heal the creation-evolution divide. Eugene, Oregon: Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2015.
- Anderson, Joel Edmund. The heresy of Ham : what every Evangelical needs to know about the creation-evolution controversy. Birmingham-Hoover, Alabama: Archdeacon Books, a publishing imprint of Woody Norman LLC, 2016.
- Ra, Aron. Foundational falsehoods of creationism. Durham, North Carolina: Pitchstone Publishing, 2016.
- DiMattci, Steven. Genesis 1 and the creationism debate: being honest to the text, its author, and his beliefs. Eugene, Oregon: Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2016.