Creation Museums and Science Centers
From Creation History Wiki
- Discovery Park. Barreiralva.
Director: Charles Brabec.
- Genesis-Land. Jona.
As of March 6, 2015, this German/Swiss theme park is still in the planning stage.
- Genesis Expo. Portsmouth.
Founded and managed by the Creation Science Movement.
"The Genesis Exhibition is a creation museum, the first of its kind in the UK on this scale. The expo is run by the Creation Science Movement, also known as CSM.
The Expo is a minutes walk from the railway station at Portsmouth Harbour, opposite the bus station, and within view of the historic dockyard and HMS Warrior."
- Genesis Museum of Creation. Fakenham, Norfolk.
Founders: Hubbard family.
Admission free, but call for appointment: 01263 861902.
- Noah's Ark Zoo Farm. Wraxall, Bristol.
Founders: Anthony and Christina Bush.
"The theme of our zoo is Noah and his escape from a primeval global flood. The story is familiar to most of us and of course the image of different animals gathered into the safety of an ark is very apt for a zoo, especially where one of its aims is conservation. But the theme also raises questions about whether such an extraordinary story could be true."
- Big Valley Creation Science Museum. Big Valley.
Owner: Harry Nibourg.
- Creation Discovery Centre. Bow Island.
Founder: Larry Dye.
- Secrets of Creation Traveling Museum. Red Deer.
Founder: Vance Nelson.
- C.A.R.E. Ministries Museum of Creation. Winnipeg.
- Creation Research Museum of Ontario. Stouffville.
Curator: Martin Legemaate.
"This mobile museum was first established by Creation Research in March 2004 with its first showcase in Ajax at Westney Heights Baptist Church. Since then there were displays at Stouffville Christian School and Eastridge Evangelical Missionary Church in Stouffville. Fall of 2008 saw an exhibition in Redeemer University in Ancaster. In 2009 the museum found a permanent home at Goodwood Baptist Church in Goodwood, Ontario."
- Museum of Natural Science and History. Toronto (Niagara Falls).
Founder: Ed Van Gennip.
"The museum will consist of three floors inside the authentic looking, life size ark. It will depict evidence of the pre-flood world (creation), the flood itself, and post-flood earth. A video will demonstrate the probable seven-day creation process. A video and simulator ride will provide a flood experience. Different exhibits will show dinosaurs and their existence in recent history; a display of life on earth before the flood; hoaxes of supposed evolution such as Lucy; and Darwin’s biggest hoax of all. Moving, talking models of men and women of faith and science, medicine, politics, chemistry, and physics will share their beliefs and discoveries confirming the biblical evidence of the world’s origin. Throughout the building will be varied displays of theories and evidence in support of and against each theory, as well as evidence for each, guiding visitors to discover for themselves which theory best fits the evidence."
- Cook’s Natural Science Museum. Decatur.
"Cook’s Natural Science Museum is one of the few private museums in the United States authorized by the federal government to include eagle exhibits in their collection. Rarer still is the fact that Cook’s Museum is one of the few museums in the U.S. to display both a bald eagle and a golden eagle. Utilizing state-of-the art displays, including interactive exhibits, talking exhibits, live exhibits and touching exhibits, Cook’s Museum brings nature from around the world to life by showing the animals in their natural habitat."
- Canyon Ministries. Parks.
Executive Director: Jon Albert, founders: Tom and Paula Vail. Grand Canyon rafting trips from a creationist perspective.
- Van Andel Creation Research Center (VACRC). Chino Valley.
"The Creation Research Society established the Van Andel Creation Research Center in north-central Arizona for the purpose of aiding the Society and other visiting scientists in their research efforts. The Society encourages a broad spectrum of research to develop and test a creation model, and administers a research grant program whereby modest funds are distributed to qualified researchers for the conduct of creation-related research."
- Creation Trip. Flagstaff.
Founder: Nate Loper.
- Museum of Earth History. Eureka Springs.
CLOSED. Collection moved to Museum of Earth History -- Christ for the Nations.
- Adventure Safaris. Santa Maria.
Founders: Russ and Tricia McGlenn.
- Creation & Earth History Museum. Santee.
Formerly the Institute for Creation Research museum.
- Creation Vacations by Alpha Omega Institute. Grand Junction.
- Creation Adventures Museum. Arcadia.
Founders: Dr. Gary and Mary Parker.
- Creation Discovery Museum. Ft. Lauderdale.
Founder: Tom DeRosa.
- Creation Expeditions. Crystal River.
"The most popular trip is the Peace River Expedition, which is two nights of camping and a day of fossil hunting on the beautiful Peace River. The Manatee Swim is a unique event in which you and your family actually get to swim with manatees and go fossil hunting on the Rainbow River. Creation Expeditions has just opened up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: The Badlands of South Dakota, an actual dinosaur dig site in South Dakota that you will come and participate in the excavation. We will teach you how to dig on real bones of various dinosaurs over the course of the week-long trip. What better way to stand in awe of His majesty than to get out in nature and really experience His creation?"
- Hidden ark. Hialeah.
Founders: Reniel Aguila, Rodolfo Almira, Osmar Oliva, and Manuel Guerra.
"...they are building an ark based on the holy scriptures that speak of Noah son of Lamech and the great universal flood. The same ark many are still trying to find in the distant mountains of Ararat, where the Holy Scriptures says the ark remains. The two arks coincide in almost similar size."
- Noah’s Ark Creation Science Research. Brandon.
Founder: Dana C. Gustafson.
"With much interest in the Ark the last thirty years, and considering that all three major world religions: Christianity, Judaism, and Islam believe in its existence and it’s historical and spiritual significance, I believe that Noah’s Ark would draw over a million visitors a year. The site would be between Tampa and Orlando on the I-4 Corridor, which is ideal. The research would be in the area of cures for disease, hydroponics and biotechnology methods in farming that would help feed the world, and anything to do with God’s marvelous Creation that would help mankind: physically, mentally and spiritually."
- Reef Ministries. Fort Lauderdale.
Founder: Thomas E. Clark.
Website gone. Possibly defunct.
"Reef Ministries' mission is to utilize God's underwater world in the advancement of creationism, environmental stewardship, and discipleship through Christ-centered adventures for all."
- Salt Water Studies. Fort Lauderdale.
Founder: Christa Jewett.
- Science Partners. Longwood.
Founders: Bill and Merilee Clifton. Offering fields trips, workshops, science classes, and resources.
Mr. Clifton and his wife Merilee have both been trained and certified by the University of Florida as Florida Master Naturalists. They have also been trained by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission as facilitators for Project WILD, Project WILD Aquatic, Florida Black Bear, and Flying WILD programs. They are "graduates" of Answers in Genesis' Creation Colleges I, 2, and 3, science editors for The Aquarium Guide published by Answers in Genesis, and have edited articles for Answers magazine. The Cliftons have recently co-authored a book, The Complete Aquarium Adventure, that was published by Master Books (a division of New Leaf Publishing Group), the world's largest publisher of Creation materials. Their book is the third in the "Complete Adventure Series" of Creation guides to zoos, museums, and now aquaria.
- Paleontological Research Corporation. Atlanta.
Director of Research: Dr. Joel Klenck. Chief Executive Officer: Jason A. Sain.
- Northwest Science Museum. Nampa.
Curator: Stan Lutz.
- Safari Zoological Park. Caney.
Founders: Allie and Tom Harvey.
"We have a plan, Creation Camp, and not only a plan but a life-long vision to reach young people from all over the United States of America. Our Creation Camps will teach the science behind Creation."
- Ark Encounter. Williamstown.
Opening in 2016.
- Creation Museum. Petersburg.
Founders: Ken Ham, Mark Looy, and Mike Zovath.
- Dinosaur World. Three locations: Plant City, Florida; Cave City, Kentucky; Glen Rose, Texas. USA.
Founder: Christer Svensson.
"Dinosaur World is the name of three outdoor museums, one in Plant City, Florida, one in Cave City, Kentucky, and the third in Glen Rose, Texas, where visitors can see up close and life size the amazing creatures that once ruled the Earth. Life sized models of dinosaurs welcome families and classes to learn, have fun, or just enjoy a quiet encounter with the lifelike animals."
- The Dinosaur Encounter - A Creation Learning Center. Bridgton.
Founder: Paul E. Veit.
- God's Ark of Safety Ministry. Frostburg.
Founders: Pastor Richard & Lottie Greene.
Building Noah's Ark as funds permit.
- Creation Ministries of the Ozarks. Strafford.
President: Dr. Rod Butterworth.
- Creation Xpo, Orion Center. Camdenton.
Founder: Bill Mundhausen.
- Glendive Dinosaur & Fossil Museum. Glendive.
Founder: Otis Kline.
"The Glendive Dinosaur & Fossil Museum (20,000 sq. ft.) houses several full size dinosaur and fossil exhibits plus a myriad of singular fossils, making it the largest dinosaur and fossil museum in the United States to present its fossils in the context of biblical creation."
- Boneyard Creation Museum. Broken Arrow.
Founder: Steve Sommer.
- NC Museum of Creation - Taxidermy Hall of Fame of NC. South Pines.
- Akron Fossils & Science Center. Copley.
Founder: William Sanderson, III. Director of Operations: Josiah Detwiler.
- Museum of Creation Truth. (Website down as of 12/17/14.) Bokchito.
Contact: Billy Gordon, (580)924-0803.
- The Oklahoma Ark Museum. Adair.
Founders and Directors: Clay and Missy Hibbard.
- Creation Encounter. Hood River.
Founders: John Hergenrather and Dennis Bokovoy.
"Our purpose is to provide quality creation field study tours, road guides, and other information glorifying God as Creator. We also conduct special field trips for local pastor groups, and offer "tailor-made" creation programs for various organizations. Our mission is to help believers defend the reliability of the Bible and to support the church in fulfilling its Great Commission."
- Grand River Museum. Lemmon.
President: Stuart T. Schmidt. Western history, dinosaurs, and creation exhibits.
- Wyatt Archaeological Museum. Cornersville.
- Creation Evidence Museum of Texas. Glen Rose.
Founder: Dr. Carl Baugh.
CEMoT, PO Box 309, Glen Rose, Texas 76043. Phone: (254) 897-3200.
- Discovery Center Creation Emporium. Abiline.
Founders: Tommy and Carolyn Walden.
- Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum. Crosbyton.
Founder: Joe Taylor.
- Museum of Earth History. Dallas.
Collaboration of Christ For The Nations and Creation Truth Foundation.
- ICR Discovery Center for Science and Earth History. Dallas. Sponsored by the Institute for Creation Research. Currently in process of fund raising. Proposed: 40,000-square-foot structure located on existing campus. Exhibit areas: In the Beginning...Space, Matter, and Time, Chaos or Cosmos?, Uphill or Downhill?, Slow & Gradual or Catastrophic?, Old or Young?, and Apes or Men? Other features to include: planetarium-based astronomy shows, fossil displays, hands-on discovery areas, interactive multi-media exhibits, science education workshops, classroom demonstrations, and lectures & seminars. Architecture & construction by: The Beck Group. Exhibit construction by: Southwest Museum Services.
- 7 Wonders Museum - Mount St Helens Creation Center. Silverlake.
Directors: Paul and Geri Taylor. Founded by: Lloyd and Doris Anderson.